Sunday, January 8, 2017

Tap Titans 2 save and import Tips and Bugs

Tap Titans 2 loading issue? Tap Titans server error?


Existing known bugs (all my test base on iPhone 7 Plus):

Couldn't fight clan boss with mobile network.

My testing device is iPhone with T-mobile network. Also I read a post reddit some one tested on AT&T and Verizon. So we already covered 3 big network in the United States.

Then I got a feeling this might not be a network issue, it's a game design issue. Turns out I am right, use my wife's iPhone turn on personal hotspot. I joined her hotspot Wifi. It works! So basically this game have this bug that only works well on WIFI, no matter what internet provider or speed. It's a bug.

Okay, this Saturday(1/8/2017). PPL have gone crazy regarding all kinds of server issue. Also they have rumor on Reddit saying dev on vacation until 1/9/2017. lol. Well we won't talk about too much detail about how this happened to the server. I'm here to give you some tips what you should do to prevent bad things happen.

My personal story about lost progress.

I went to Vegas for Christmas, the night before I already at a level almost I wanna prestige. Thinking that fight a few more tomorrow on the way...

On my way to Vegas, I find out I can't fight clan quest. So I quit the game totally. I reopen the app again. I found it took so long to load the game, so I close the game re-open to load again. Then the game loading screen start to keep stuck at about 99%. Won't open. Even when I got to the hotel, with hotel Wifi I still can't open the game. So I uninstalled the game. Reinstall it. Import my account. Now all my stages are gone. They only save where your last prestige is. OMG, they should have told me this when we create the account. So those new stages I fought that close to prestige level are lost.

It's okay, it's only 100+ stages. I just do it again but it's a good warning for ppl don't know. BTW, I did write a support letter about this. You will never hear back from them. So don't bother trying.

So I can't play on the go unless bring my hotspot with me?

The answer is no. If you don't quit your game totally. You should be fine playing games. Just have some issue regarding clan quest etc. But for me, to be safe. I have another security setting change. That will be play offline when I don't have a wifi. If you are using iPhone, see following image for setting below to totally disable mobile data for this game.


In this case, even you totally closed this game. It's just gonna load into offline mode. It will be fine for leveling up, except...

Those need server connection:

Prestige (don't prestige if you got poor connection with server or no connection)
Collect new equipment
Collect pet egg
Collect skill
Collect daily login reward
Daily shop purchase
Fairy video ad
Clan quest ofc
Modify skill tree
Modify artifact

What would happen if you prestige while server acting up?

I have saw people saying that it will lost all the relics reward.
I try it myself, they all lost. And I delete reinstall the game. Import again. Relics back but all my pets gone. I tried again later this whole import and now everything back to normal. Still, it's a bad idea to do that when server have issue.






No comments:

Post a Comment